Junction City, KY-April 7, 2013- Ponderosa Speedway track promoter Larry Yantz and track co-promoters Chad and Sarah Yantz would like to take the opportunity to thank everyone for their support of the 2013 season opening event and to also explain how the track points are accumulated at Ponderosa Speedway.
The Ponderosa Speedway track points system sees drivers able to earn track points every time they are on the track from time trials to heat races to B-mains (if necessary) to the A-Main. Just like on opening night, it is possible for a driver to finish second or third in the feature event and accumulate more track points that the feature winner because of points being awarded for time trials and heat races as well.
The track points scale for the 2013 racing season is the same as it was for the 2012 racing season. A driver’s Points total for the night will be show up points, plus qualifying points, plus heat race points, plus B-Main points (if necessary), plus A-Main/Feature points. That combination creates a drivers total track points for that night of competition.
Ponderosa Speedway 2013 Points Scale Breakdown
1. Show Up Points- Each driver that signs in will receive 10 show up points
2. Qualifying Points- All drivers that attempt to qualify will receive at least one point, with the top qualifier receiving 10 points.
10th on back- 1
3. Heat Race Points- All drivers that attempt to start a heat could receive at least one point, but possibly more depending on the number of cars in a heat, with the heat winner receiving 10 points.
10th on back- 1
4. B-Main Points- If a driver starts in a B-Main but does not transfer to the A-Main/Feature event, each driver not transferring will receive 5 points
5. A-Main Points- Winner gets 50 points, with a drop of two points per position. Most events will start only 18 cars, but there could be up to 24 entries start the A-Main/Feature.
6. Points total for the night will be show up points+qualifying points+heat race points+B-Main points (if necessary)+A-Main/Feature points= Total points for that night of competition.
Ponderosa Speedway is located at 365 Phillips Lane on the Boyle/Lincoln County border, outside of Junction City, KY, just minutes from Danville, KY. Larry, Chad, and Sarah Yantz are the track promoters and will present dirt track sports entertainment on Friday evenings from April through mid-October of the 2013 race season. For more information about racing activities at Ponderosa Speedway, visit the track’s webpage on the internet at www.ponderosaspeedway.net or by phoning Larry Yantz at (606) 510-5331, Chad Yantz at (606) 510-4836, via Twitter @MichaelDespain, or on Facebook at www.facebook.com/groups/131180253585931/. Partons or other interested parties can phone the track at (859) 854-6808 on raceday.